Meizu enters India by launching its first flagship phone MX5 for Rs. 19999
~ MX5 launched at INR 19,999 to set the benchmark for smartphone design and performance in India
~ MEIZU to unveil more than 40 customer service centers across 20 cities and become the first smartphone brand to offer unique Delivery Repair Services – a doorstep servicing facility in India
New Delhi, August 26, 2015: Meizu Technology (MEIZU), one of the fastest-growing Chinese smartphones, today officially announced its entry into India through its flagship phone MX5. After establishing a strong presence in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Israel, Russia, Ukraine, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Thailand, India is its next key market. With India emerging as the third-largest smartphone market in the world, MEIZU’s India entry reenergizes the sector and sets a benchmark for smartphone design and performance.
After the unveiling of the MEIZU MX5, Mr. Li Nan, Vice President - Marketing, Meizu Technology, said, “We are happy to announce our entry into India and look forward to playing a leading role in shaping the smartphone market here. Based on the business philosophy and commitment to pursue perfection, MEIZU remains focused on developing innovative and user-friendly smartphones, which are characterized by their state-of-the-art design, powerful specifications and attractive prices. We look forward to introducing our complete product range in India very soon.”
Mr Li Nan added that after-sales service will be the key focus for MEIZU, the company plans to open more than 40 customer service centers across 20 cities, to serve existing and potential customers better. “Our focus in India will be to provide future-ready products, which are ahead of competition in both design and performance. The MX5 launch is the first step towards that goal,” he said.
MEIZU MX5: Key features, setting the benchmark for smartphones in India:
- AMOLED display, better and for the future: The display component from Samsung comes with amazing specifications and infinite contrast range. It produces more vivid pictures and displays crystal-clear text.
- mTouch 2.0: New fingerprint sensor makes identification faster and the appearance smoother and elegant.
- Awesome design: Boasts an exquisite all-metal body, 12-gun 3D sand blasting, a five-step anodizing process, and a superb polish.
- Daily experience surpasses benchmark features: Mediatek Helio X10, a 64-bit Octa-core CPU manufactured using the 28nm HPM process powers the MX5.
- Dual-SIM, with dual-standby and dual 4G: The primary 4G SIM enables high-speed Inter-net, while the second SIM supports 2G voice calls.
- 20.7 megapixel camera: Comes with a 6P lens camera, which significantly increases peripheral resolution and laser-aided focused technology to help users take outstanding photos.
- Popular Flyme System: Upgraded from Flyme 4 to more robust 64-bit Flyme.
Founded in 2003 by Mr. Jack Wong, Meizu has established its brand credentials by nurturing a strong fan base across the world. A more robust product portfolio reinforces the brand’s commitment to provide state-of-the-art smartphones at affordable prices. With a strong after-sales service network of 1,800 offline stores and 300 experience centers in 313 cities in China, MEIZU endeavors to replicate the same success story in India.
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., China’s leading e-commerce company, recently invested $590 million for a minority stake in MEIZU. A significant part of the investment will help MEIZU to set up more service centers in India to provide better service. The new customer service centers will cover nearly 70% of the sales areas. Additionally, MEIZU is the first smartphone brand in India to offer a unique Delivery Repair Service option to its customers, wherein a MEIZU smartphone user will enjoy doorstep repair and replacement facility.
Anant is a technology blogger and a software engineer. He loves playing with gadgets. Right from earphones to smartphones to laptops, anything and everything that's tech keeps him motivated. He is also an ardent fan of Apple products. You can contact him at his email address email@example.com