Iotex launches Xwatch Kids, a smartwatch for kids, at 2nd Smart Cities India 2016 Expo for Rs. 3599
Iotex Systems Pvt. Ltd, a company focused on the IoT segment, today showcased the XWATCH KIDS– a smartwatch designed for kids. Equipped with two-way cellular voice calling feature, the GPS Smartwatch designed keeping the young users in mind has been aggressively priced at Rs. 3,599/-. Iotex smartwatch is made specifically for children, and is sized to fit their small wrists comfortably. It is intended to take a large step into this category of fashion-forward and high-tech kids' wearable. The Iotex Kids Smartwatch is available in Blue and Pink.
Bundled with free tracking services for lifetime, the device comes with a one year warranty and is also water proof. Users can download the Iotex IoT software application across Android and iOS devices. The company has already completed the pilot of the watch last year that got an overwhelming positive consumer response.
Commenting on the announcement, N Srinath, Director, Iotex, said, “The Indian IoT market size is estimated to be around $300 billion by 2020 grabbing a 20% share of the worldwide IoT market. With more than 50% of our population below the age of 15, there is a strong need for safety and tracking wearable devices in the country. With children today being the digital natives, our smartwatch ensures that parents stay connected to their kids 24x7 with this rugged, attractively designed and power efficient wireless GPS enabled watch that supports calling and GPS tracking.”
He further added, “Going forward our aim is to be a major player in the growing market with our focused IoT products and services. We are gearing up to launch newer variants targeting Kids Safety, Fitness, Health, People tracking and the growing Android Smartwatch space. There are also plans to launch consumer IoT products for cars, homes and smart cities.”
Running on MediaTek MTK6261 GSM chipset, the smartwatch is equipped to carry out basic functions like cellular communication, GPS position, SOS and time seamlessly, one can also make two-way voice calls to preset numbers.
XWATCH services are delivered through an Android/IOS XWATCH app. The app is used to connect with XWATCH smartwatch devices from IOTEX and provides GPS location, tracking and communication services.
The XWATCH app allows the user to
- Monitor and track XWATCH devices from a single tracking center, and change the settings of the devices
- Set restricted and authorized zones for the XWATCH to generate alerts when the devices enter and leave such zones
- Create various landmarks like School, Mall, Park etc. for the XWATCH to generate alerts when the devices approach and leave preset landmarks.
- Access and track log history of XWATCH from the app.
- Make cellular calls to the XWATCH for two-way communication.
- Set various power models of the XWATCH for power saving.
Some of the key features of the smartwatch are as follows:
- Ability to receive alerts and notifications of all preset alarm conditions on the authorized smart phone
- Ability to send SOS / Panic alarm with a single button press to mobile application
- Ability to receive calls automatically on XWATCH on SOS alarm
The smartwatch is available online at most major e-commerce portals such as Snapdeal, Amazon, Flipkart, FirstCry and Iotex.com. Iotex is also in the process of establishing its distribution channel for retail presence.
Anant is a technology blogger and a software engineer. He loves playing with gadgets. Right from earphones to smartphones to laptops, anything and everything that's tech keeps him motivated. He is also an ardent fan of Apple products. You can contact him at his email address email@example.com